Current Public Health Regulations and Directions
The current Public Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020 which provide for border restrictions, testing of potentially infectious persons, self-isolation, and giving powers to close premises, prohibit movement and restrict events and gatherings are made under the Public Health Act 1990. Directions have been made by the Council of Ministers under these Regulations for:
- Closure of premises;
- Closure of educational institutions (schools);
- Closure of childcare service providers (childminders and nurseries);
- Prohibition on movement with some exceptions; and
- Restrictions on events and gatherings with some exceptions.
Where to view:
Public Health Act 1990
Public Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020 (Consolidated version including all modifications made by the Amending Regulations)
Amending Regulations (showing amendments made to the principal regulations)
COVID 19 (Coronavirus) Legislation
Consolidated versions of secondary legislation made in response to the COVID 19 (Coronavirus) pandemic (showing the legislation as it is amended and including endnotes explaining the source of the amendments) are now available on www.legislation.gov.im.
Please note that where legislation is modified (rather than amended) the modifications are not shown in the text of the modified legislation but the modifying legislation is consolidated to show all amendments.
Legislation relating to COVID 19 has been made under the following Acts of Tynwald:
- Emergency Powers Act 1936
- Emergency Powers (Amendment) Act 2020
- Financial Provisions and Currency Act 2011
- Interpretation Act 2015
- Public Health Act 1990
Viewing the legislation
To view the secondary legislation made under an Act of Tynwald in the www.legislation.gov.im website;
- in the Legislation tab select “Current by Title”
- select the appropriate alphabetical page
- click on the + sign to the left of the Act title
Secondary legislation relating to COVID 19 which has been revoked can be found under the legislation tab in “Revoked Secondary Legislation”.
Legislation relating to COVID 19 has also been made under the following Acts:
- Social Security Act 2000
- Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992 (as that Act has effect in the Isle of Man)