- a temperature of more than 37.8C (100F)
- OR, a new and persistent cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- OR, anosmia – this is the loss of or a change in your normal sense of smell. It can also affect your sense of taste as the two are closely linked
If you develop any of the above symptoms, please now complete the Isle of Man COVID-19 Screening Assessment:
Completion of this assessment will decide whether a further telephone assessment needs to be undertaken by calling the Isle of Man COVID-111 telephone service or if no further action is required.
Clinical advice is that the incubation period of the virus can be as long as 14 days. Individuals can have the virus for this time without showing symptoms but still be infectious to others. This is why it is imperative, whether you are at work, or outside the home, that you must observe strict social distancing guidelines.
Emergency warning signs
If you develop any of the following emergency warning signs for COVID-19 please seek medical attention immediately by calling 999.
Emergency warning signs include*:
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- new confusion or inability to rouse
- bluish lips or face
*This list is not exhaustive.
Please consult your GP or MEDS out of hours service for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.