The Isle of Man Government has announced the launch of the Isle of Man Disruption Loan Guarantee Agreement.
The Agreement has been introduced in response to the financial challenges facing businesses as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and will see the Island’s commercial banks supporting up to £60 million of new lending, 80% of which will be underwritten by the Isle of Man Government.
The Agreement will initially be implemented by:
And will support overdraft and term-lending facilities of up to £500,000 as well as asset financing facilities. The Agreement, which is for Isle of Man registered businesses with a turnover of up to £10million, will also enable eligible businesses to access six year term loans with Isle of Man Government-backed guarantees.
Features of the Agreement
- Loans of £5,000 to £500,000, for locally based businesses who would otherwise not qualify for bank support, will be extended by banks with a government guarantee in favour of the lender
- Existing debt will not be covered by the Agreement (consolidation/term - out of existing overdrafts etc.)
- No arrangement fee payable for the provision of the guarantee
- The borrower remains fully liable for the debt
- Under the Agreement, personal guarantees of any form will not be taken for facilities below £250,000
- Maximum term of loan is 6 years (For overdrafts and invoice finance facilities: up to three years and for term loans and asset finance facilities: up to six years)
- For Isle of Man registered businesses with a turnover of up to £10m
- Excluded sectors; finance and professional services, real estate, property development, public sector and utilities
- Isle of Man entities regulated by the Isle of Man FSA and Gambling Supervision Commission are also excluded
How to access the Agreement
To find out more about the Isle of Man Disruption Loan Guarantee Agreement, please contact your bank directly. Contact details for the banks who are offering this are listed above.