Skip to main content


Children may be cared for by a family member for those who have to work. Please see section 5(1)(r)(ii) of the Prohibition on Movement Regulations 2020.

Child care should only take place for covering the hours of work.

Any child care must take place in the home of the family member undertaking the child care.

An accompanying adult can enter the house with the child but should practise social distancing.

Anyone who is self-isolating or in receipt of a shielding letter should not undertake child care.