Skip to main content

People wishing to move to the Isle of Man

Contractual obligations

It is now possible to apply for an exemption to enter the Island if you can demonstrate a contractual obligation to make the Isle of Man your home. This could be a contract of employment or a property contract, including a tenancy agreement.

You can apply for an exemption through this route if you are able to evidence that you have entered into a legally binding contract to take up employment, purchased a property or signed a tenancy agreement. You will be asked to provide evidence of this as part of the application process.

Those exempted to enter the Island under this route will be required on entry to the Island to follow any such Direction that is issued by Department of Health and Social Care, as per any other returning residents, which currently includes the 14 day self-isolation period.

See also:  Guidance concerning 10A

If you have any queries please contact Returning Residents at the following email address and we will respond to you as soon as possible.