Skip to main content

Travel advice

Advice for those planning to leave the Isle of Man

Information for those wishing to travel to the Isle of Man.

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) continues to advise British people to check the current travel advice for destinations before booking a trip. 

Passengers should continue to regularly check website content issued by local and off island travel providers as information continues to change.

Local advice for travellers:

Isle of Man Steam Packet

Isle of Man Airport

Airport safety and security

On-Island private COVID-19 PCR testing

UK travel advice

Please check the latest travel advice from the UK Government to see what restrictions and procedures may be in place for entering the UK. If the country you are visiting is a red list, or is regraded to the UK Government red list while you are away, you will be required to undertake mandatory isolation in the UK. You must follow UK Government advice, no matter whether you are continuing to travel onward to the Isle of Man.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer air travel for passengers
How to travel safely in airports and on aircraft during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Outbound travel abroad:

  • There is no requirement for you to provide proof of a negative coronavirus test or self-isolate when travelling outbound from the Isle of Man and into the UK.

While you’re travelling abroad:

  • Be smart during your journey, and research trusted data sources to help stay informed about any local restrictions or developments while you are travelling. Your booking/ travel agent may be able to advise you of the best local sources of information.
  • Be prepared to comply with changing restrictions to manage local COVID-19 outbreaks, and for possible delays to travel.
  • While you are travelling, continue to check the UK’s travel advice updates, as there may be changes to your destination. You must comply with any requirements of the country you are transiting through, including potential mandatory isolation if travelling from a red list country.
  • Please be aware that if your country status changes, your return requirements may change and you must comply with UK Government advice. You can sign up for UK Government travel alerts if countries or territories are moved between status.

See separate guidance on travel within the Common Travel Area after international travel.