The pandemic has caused a lot of changes for our children and young adults – from schools and exams, to socialising and future plans.
The Department of Education Sport and Culture have collected these resources to help you, or a young person you to know to navigate these difficult times.
Anxiety & Coronavirus: Department of Education Sport and Culture document, designed to provide guidance and support for families, children and young people
Anna Freud Advice for Young People to Support their Mental Health: Helping children, young people and their families during the current pandemic
Advice for Parents and Carers: Advice and guidance for parents and carers on how to support wellbeing during the current pandemic
On My Mind: Details self-care strategies to help children and young people manage their wellbeing
Information about Coronavirus
Simple stories to discuss Coronavirus with children and young people:
- Hello, I’m a virus cousin with the flu and common cold
- Carol Gray: My Story about pandemics and the Coronavirus
- Dave the Dog is worried about Coronavirus
- ELSA Support: Coronavirus Story
- Coronavirus: A book for children – Illustrated by Axel Scheffler
- MENCAP: Information about Coronavirus